Early College Credit Program

Beginning Fall 2018, high school students at public and private high schools in Wisconsin can earn college credit through the Early College Credit Program (ECCP). A student selected for the program may be permitted to enroll in a UW System institution, or an alternative private, non-profit institution of higher education (IHE) to take one or more courses for which the student may earn high school credit, post-secondary credit, or both. Under ECCP, the costs of the courses are shared among the IHE, the school district or private school, the state, and in some cases the student's family.

How to Apply for the Early College Credit Program:
  • Talk with your high school counselor to see if it's a good fit for you. They will consider how the class aligns with academic plans and whether you meet the pre-requisite for taking a college level class.
  • Request information from UW System campuses where you'd like to take classes
  • Obtain an ECCP participation form from your high school counselor or download it from the link below.
  • Submit your completed form by March 1 for summer/fall semester or October 1 for spring semester to your school officials.
  • Apply to the campus where you'd like to take classes (meet all deadlines and their campus specific requirements)
  • Submit high school transcripts along with any prerequisite documentation
  • Enroll in your class
Admissions offices will consider the following:
  • Rank in class
  • Grade point average
  • ACT or SAT scores
  • Rigor of your high school courses
  • Letters of recommendation

Note: If you do not meet deadlines for submission of the required ECCP form, you may still be able to take college courses through a UW System campus but the full costs of the credit will be carried by the student/family. You will still use the UW System ECCP Participation form as approval from a high school counselor/staff advisor is required whether or not you are participating in ECCP. Contact UW admission offices directly for further deadlines and details about taking courses as a non-ECCP student.

Start College Now Program

This program will allow students who are high school juniors or seniors the opportunity to take college courses at Wisconsin Technical Colleges during the regular academic year while also completing high school. The program is designed to offer courses the high school does not have or cannot offer to a student who wants to go above and beyond in a subject area. One benefit of this program is the dual enrollment component. The course(s) the student takes gives them both high school credit toward graduation as well as college credit. Please see the brochure, instructions, and application form below for more information.

Financial Aid Night 

To help families better prepare for the college financial aid and application process that begins in October, UW Richland typically holds a Financial Aid and FAFSA Workshop. For details about the financial aid program, contact Stephanie Joyce at stephanie.joyce@uwc.edu or (608) 647-6186. 

Navigating Financial Aid

WI Private Colleges Financial Aid

Junior Night 

Date: TBA

This meeting is designed to share information with parents and students regarding:

  • High school graduation requirements
  • Technical college/university admission requirements
  • Making application to technical colleges and universities
  • Programs of Study and Articulation/Transfer Agreements
  • Student transcripts, grade point averages and rank in class
  • Testing requirements at university and technical colleges
  • School visitations
  • Cost of attendance
  • Scholarships and financial aid programs

This is not an all-inclusive list, but covers many of the topics that juniors and their parents have raised questions about over the years. Feel free to contact Mrs. Kershner while Ms. Bevan is on leave at 585-2311 Ext. 302 or monica.kershner@ithaca.k12.wi.us with additional questions.

College Representatives

Students interested in speaking with a visiting college representative should get a pass from Mrs. Kershner while Ms. Bevan is on leave in the School Counseling Office.

Military Representatives

Armed Forces representatives visit once a month, or less, during the lunch hours.