About THE ITHACA PTSO
The Ithaca PTSO is a volunteer group that works toward the improvement of the school. We discuss ideas, problems, fundraisers, activities, and events at our school. Visit our Facebook page Ithaca PTSO for more information and to view previous meeting minutes. Join our Ithaca PTSO Discussions page to talk about current issues and items that need group approval and input.
For the past 3 years the PTSO has provided a bounce house, face painting, and cotton candy at the Ithaca Fair, which we were unable to do this year. We were also unable to host Trunk or Treat the last week of October, Gingerbread House Fun Night in December and Big Bingo Night in March has been moved to April 30 (details soon!) due to the pandemic. We plan on bringing these activities back next school year if it is deemed safe to do so. Check our Facebook page and the school website calendar for details and dates!
Each year we:
- Provide welcome baskets for new teachers and staff
- Supply popcorn for the Elementary school Friday popcorn sales
- Provide a meal to teachers during parent/teacher conferences
- Donate snacks for the science fair
- Recognize our volunteers during National Volunteer Week
- Sponsor the Semester Star High School recognition program and a scholarship to graduating seniors.
- Publish the all color Elementary and Middle School yearbooks
- Offer a “Welcome to Ithaca” treat bag during 3 year old and 4K screening
- Provide a toner/cell phone/battery/ old markers recycle area
- Present retiring staff with a token of appreciation
- Prepare an appreciation breakfast for all staff members during Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week in May.
- Pay for part of the roller skating Phy. Ed. unit
- Fund books/meal for the Family Fun Reading Nights
- Sponsor snacks for after school Game Club
- Provide teachers with items cut from their budgets on a case-by-case approval through a funds request form
Our PTSO fundraisers include:
- The Ithaca apparel and spirit items sales at Picture night, Homecoming, and before Christmas
- Bossy Bingo at the Ithaca Fair
- The Rural Route 1 Popcorn sale in October
- Labels collections from:
- Boxtops for Education
- Tyson Project A+ Support Your School and
- Country Hearth/Village Hearth’s Loaves 4 Learning
For your convenience our collection bin for labels is located in the Commons area outside the school office or you may send them in with your elementary school aged child. All monies taken in from our fundraisers go back into projects and activities for our school.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with all of our activities. You do not have to come to a meeting to help out! Simply volunteer by contacting an officer or via the Ithaca PTSO Discussions page or by email! For every hour volunteered, your name goes into a drawing for a two night stay at a Dells waterpark resort!
We meet on the 3rd Wednesday at 4 PM via Zoom (2020-21 school year) from September through May. The link to the meeting will be posted on the Ithaca PTSO Facebook page. Once it is safe, we will meet again in person in the LMC at 3:45 PM, but we plan to keep the Zoom link option available to those who cannot make this meeting time.
To join the Ithaca PTSO, simply come to a meeting or contact one of the officers and we will add your email to our contact and meeting minutes list. Joining is FREE! We happily welcome new members, volunteers, and ideas!
President: Jill Plonka
Vice President: Monica Kershner
Treasurer: Jodi Abarca
Secretary: Samantha Hilby
Fundraising Coordinator: Karia Brown
Elementary & MS Yearbook Coordinator: Sarah Jones
Volunteer Coordinator: Melissa Sprecher